Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thumb's Back

Almost a week with this splint, and my hand itself is still swollen and hurting. Even though I was told to come back in 2 weeks, I went back to the doctor's today to ask if there was anything that could be done. I was thinking ice or heat therapy. Well, he was concerned about the swelling, and took another X-ray. Turns out the original bone near my thumb which was suspect before, is just fine now. But instead, my pinky finger is partially broken (not the finger itself, but way down in the palm part.

So I have a different splint, on the other side of my hand. My thumb is free, but my fingers are more restricted. He said usually he could use a waterproof cast, but my hand was too swollen. Instead I get the splint. Estimated healing time 3-4 weeks! Next visit 2 weeks.

No comments: