Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Whatever Ails You



I thought I blogged about this years ago, but I can't find it. One of my favorite Korean wines, SANSACHUN, has recently changed their bottle style. Along with the change, their label has been remade. I happened to have one last bottle of the old style. Since the old label was one of my all-time favorites, I took a photo to remember it:



If you can't read it closely (the English, that is), it says:

"Sansa is a fruit bearing, broad leafed, plant belonging to the rose species. Red and a pleasant scent. Good for treating weak stomachs, backaches, and cut"

I never was sure, are you supposed to drink the wine if you get a cut? Or pour the wine over the cut?

BTW, my dictionary says this SANSA plant is in English a HAWTHORN, which still doesn't help me because I've never heard of either term.

No comments: