Saturday, July 26, 2008

e-Lock

At the office, I have repeatedly forgotten to bring my key. If CH was out at a meeting, I would have to go back home and get it. This week our colleague WT decided on his own to install an electronic door lock (CH and I were out all day at the factory). It's great! It is the same style that I've had on the apartments here.





A few years ago, Mrs. Stumbler bought a similar electronic lock for the front door. She installed it on her own, but I remember helping at some point aligning the lock's bolt with the hole in the door frame. What I like about this lock that WT bought is that it looks much easier to install. Since it's bolted to the outside of the door, I think the latch and bolt would be much easier to align than were it mounted inside the door. So, unless one of us forgets and locks the door the old style with the key, I don't need to worry about forgetting my office key in the future.

No comments: