Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mish Mash



This is one of my favorite styles of road signs in Korea. This is not the most complicated, but it is a good example. You arrive at a crazy intersection, and are greeted by a crazier road sign trying to explain things. Surprisingly, the signs do a pretty good job, although they can look like a complex schematic drawing at times. Here is one I snapped from a taxi over near the Niagara Hotel a couple weeks ago - the focus is bad, but you get the idea.



Speaking of signs, I can't stop laughing at this Konglish sign (courtesy of, and shamelessly stolen from, Angelo Apostolakis' Facebook photo album). You can zoom in and read it yourself, but believe me when I tell you it says:

Please, Remove the color fork before taste the menu. (It might cause the safe problem)


No comments: