Thursday, May 08, 2008

Shower Songs

After moving in February, I sorely missed the built-in radio that was in the bathroom of my last apartment. I was not able to find one here in Korea. Well, that's not 100% true - one of my friends helped me search on some Korean shopping sites, and he found some that were clearly designed for children. Frog radios, fish radios, etc. So I got this one in the USA (yet it is a Japanese brand). Now I can listen to the radio again in my shower.



Speaking of showers, I think I mentioned in a previous post that the bathroom attached to my bedroom doesn't have a separate shower stall. Instead it has the common Asian-style shower - the WHOLE bathroom is your shower. I thought I was going to hate that, but it really is just fine. In fact, I've only once used the second bathroom that has a real shower stall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But where do you put your dry towel while you shower. That was a problem when I was in Asia. Not to mention the wet toilet seat!

Chris said...

Wet toilet seats don't bother us men too much. As for the towel, this bathroom, while no spacious, is a bit larger than the Asian hotel. I installed a towel rack on the far wall from the shower head, and I haven't had a problem. That said, the built-in towel rack is almost directly under the shower head. Go figure.