Monday, May 12, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Back in 2004, John and I always talked about going to a Korean baseball game. I can't say why, but we never got around to it. Well, when Trevor announced the "Baseball, Beer and Burgers" special event, I had to sign up. The team is the "Woori Heroes" (translates as "Our Heroes"). This is an old team, but was recently sold, given a new name and now considers the nearby Mokdong Stadium as their home field. The websites say the stadium has 16,000 seats and can hold 20,000 people (hmmm..., where do the other 4000 people go?) I would say it was nearly at capacity last night.







Everyone had a good time. The game was fun, although "our heroes" lost to the visiting team, KIA. Here are a few interesting shots.







After the game, we headed back to Beer O'Clock for the hamburgers. As was the case with the special Christmas Dinner last year, the throughput of the small kitchen is, well, small. It seemed to take forever to get my hamburer, but by the time it arrived I was starving. I think that made it taste even better! I will definitely go to another game.

No comments: