Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Stuffed Chicken

A friend of a friend, SH, posted a recipe on his Facebook some time back for stuffed chicken breasts. I finally got around to trying it this weekend. I didn't 100% follow his recipe, since I didn't have any sour cream, and I kind of just winged it on the spices.

I took chicken breasts, sliced them in the middle (butterfly them), and inserted cheese (I used pepper cheese) and spinach leaves (quickly boil the leaves first). Then I sprinkled on some salt, pepper and basil. At the last minute, I decided to pour in a little wine before putting it in the oven to bake. Unfortunately, I only have red wine, so my chicken turned a little purple on the bottom. Even so, it was pretty good for a first try. Thanks SH. I'll try the sour cream next time.

No comments: