I have been having two mild health issues lately. My throat and sinuses have been real dry, which is not too surprising I guess in winter time. And I have a back ache in one certain part of my back. So yesterday I braved the holiday crowds at the Carrefour and got myself a humdifier and a heating pad. The humidifier has a rotating nozzle on top, which can be programmed to be still, or rotate to cover a 60, 120, 180, or 360 degree sector! It also has dizzying array of electronic controls, including an "Artifical Intelligence" mode! Last night CH explained most of the buttons to me, and I know enough to turn the thing on and get it running. CH also said that with the built-in humidity sensor, it doesn't get things drenching wet like my one at home does. The brand name/logo: "IT'S MAGIC".
Korean Humidifier, With Sensor
Also, I bought a heating pad for my back. Actually, it is a "Mineral Stone Poltice", and according to the manufacturer's website, it is filled with "Hardwood Charcoal & Biostone". Other than it feels crunchy, it is the same as my heating pad in the USA. Well, not quite - it has an electronic timer, where you set the length of time for your heat "therapy", 30 minutes, 1 hour, or 90 minutes. Actually, this was helpful since I used it yesterday afternoon sitting on the sofa, and fell asleep. When I woke up, I noticed it had shut off after 30 minutes.
Korean Mineral Stone Poltice (Heating Pad) with Timer and Heat Control
Here are some of the claims that the manufacturer makes:
* Intended Application of the Device
- Soothing dry heat brings comfortable relief to sore, aching muscles and joints
- Recommended for sports injuries, strains, tired muscles and relief of temporary
- Delivering heat evenly among all throughout pad surface.
- Removable & Machine washable outer cloth cover.
- Moderate heat therapy for the relief of tired, aching muscles and joints.