Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Subway Stink

The other night, I headed out to dinner on the subway. As I boarded and took my usual place standing, I noticed a bad smell. I thought to myself, "great, I'm near someone who needs a shower". As we rode along a few stops, I noticed two young girls across the aisle from me... they kept giggling and looking at something behind me. Finally, I was too curious, and I turned around to see what they were looking at.





That's right - RABBITS on the subway. That explained the bad smell. These two kids were happily feeding their baby rabbits some green vegetables (maybe bean sprouts). Shortly after I took this photo, an old man sitting across from them began talking to them. I could not quite tell if he was talking to them angrily, or if his voice was just naturally strong and irritating. I was glad when my stop arrived, so I could breathe relatively fresh air again.

Speaking of air on the subway, I have noticed recently that when I ride on the subway I get very hot and start sweating. At first, I thought this was because there were so many people crammed into the train car. But this recent trip with the rabbits, it was not very crowded. Maybe they heat the cars extra hot during the winter. It is always a contrast to leave the subway hot and sweaty, to suddenly be freezing from the outside air and wind.

Now for the obligatory food photos (not Korean food this time). I was almost out of food, and was too lazy to go out to eat the other night, so I made egg salad sandwich. By the way, those Pringle chips I ended up throwing away. Suddenly the taste of Pringles here at my store has changed drastically. I think they might have changed to a new species of trees and that changed the flavor.



No comments: