Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What a Waste

I tried a recipe I found last week in the Korean Herald newspaper. Summertime Watermelon Milkshake. Since watermelon is one of my favorite fruits, and I love ice cream and milkshakes, I was eager to try this. With all apologies to the author, this milkshake was a complete flop and I didn't enjoy it. It was a waste of good watermelon and ice cream. At first, the shake tasted pretty nice, but it left an aftertaste that I didn't like, and when I finished the glass I felt kind of sick from the something - could be the sweetness, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I won't publish the recipe, but if someone really wants to try it please comment and I'll send it.

Here are the indgredients:





The finished drink, after sitting in the freezer for 1 hour per the recipe instructions. It looks surprisingly like the tomato juice I made last week for the vegetable soup!



I have no photos, but also last night I failed at cooking my dinner. I thawed out some chicken meat and stir fried it with some 2-week old squash and onions. I have run out of most of the food in my kitchen, partly because the folks at the nearby store are still on strike. I ate my stir fried chicken with a bowl of rice, and it really was not good and had no taste. So last night my cooking ability was off, my taste buds were failing me, or both.

No comments: